Bedrooms are private places, it is here that we spend hours sleeping at night, taking naps during the day, or just coiling up over a good book. Actually, it is recommended that we spend 8 to 10 hours sleeping; you’d never sleep that long if your bedroom isn’t well decorated and arranged. The bedroom should be a relaxing place in all aspects, a place you look forward to spending time in. Some bedrooms are small and ideal only for sleeping and napping. Others are huge and spacious, complete with a bathroom, closet, even porches and balconies. Either way, size is just one factor; truth is that interior bedroom decoration can go a long way in determining your experience in your bedroom. There are many interior design and furniture companies that can help you design the perfect bedroom. Below, we have compiled a list of some of the best tips and ideas when decorating your bedroom;
- Use the right colors; one of the greatest blunder people make is mixing and matching different colors when decorating their bedrooms. To begin with, avoid bright colors as these won’t stimulate sleep. Instead, opt for neutral colors, earth colors, and warm colors. The colors on your walls, ceilings, furniture and fabrics should be working to complement each other. A bedroom that has all the colors balanced and complementing each other appears more welcoming and relaxing, makes it easier dozing off.
- Pick the right bed; the bed acts as the focal point in any bedroom, it’s what a visitor sees first when they come in. Pick a huge bed and the bedroom risks looking small and crowded; pick a very small bed and the bedroom appears weird. Thus, the secret lies in balancing. Get just the right size for your room and while at it, ensure that you pick a good mattress. A soft and comfy mattress goes a long way in guaranteeing you sound sleep each night.
- Go for the right kind of floor; ceramic tiles will only make your bedroom colder and the same can be said of granite and marble. laminated flooring or wood are always great choices, they give the bedroom an attractive and relaxing feel. Carpets are also a great alternative especially if your room is small and squeezed. Putting a rug or carpet near the bed is recommendable if your flooring is cold.
- Picking the right curtains; some people imagine that dark curtains are a great way of making their bedrooms darker and thus easier to doze off in. But truth is that the color of your curtains must be seen to complement the overall design and feel of the bedroom. Thus, consider the color of the walls; if the walls are dark colored you’ll be better off with light colored curtains. On the other hand, if the walls are dark colored, light colored curtains are the way to go. It’s called contrast and is a very important principle in interior design. If you can, go for a curtain that has two layers.
- Get a good wardrobe; there are numerous wardrobe designs to pick from depending on the size of your bedroom as well as personal preferences. For small and squeezed bedrooms, a corner wardrobe would be more recommendable. But if the bedroom is large and spacious, why not, you could even go for a walk in wardrobe complete with a dressing table. A nice wardrobe gives your bedroom a touch of luxury and comfort.
A professional interior designer will help you create a relaxing and calm atmosphere in your bedroom. The above decorating tips will come in handy while at it.
We have our best design team in providing outstanding design services for kitchens, bathrooms, and bedrooms. Our expert designers will work closely with the customers to create the fresh, unique, stunning and the creative designs.