Contemporary bathrooms focus on simple and classy themes of the bathroom. The advancements in technology have gifted us with spectacular designs that take up little space, deliver results and save up on resources. You don’t need to spend a lot to design your bathroom; you only need to let your creativity flow. Some contemporary bathroom design ideas include;
- Enclosed showers are the go-to design for bathrooms with limited space. The enclosure is made with clear, translucent or opaque glass. A clear glass enclosure, however, is the more preferred option for a contemporary bathroom.
- There is a lot to choose from when it comes to enclosed showers, and there is enough variety available to suit your budgetary needs.
- The enclosures come in framed or frameless designs. Each has its appeal, but frameless enclosures give off a more contemporary feel.
- The glass used can either be thin or thick; thin glass enclosures are more affordable yet more fragile and less durable.
- Contemporary enclosed showers are more inclined to conceal the piping of the shower in the wall.
Bathroom suites are a preferred option for those of us that want a contemporary setting without the hustle of looking for the individual fixtures of a bathroom.
They are purchased as a matching set for your bathroom, and they usually include a;
- Bath and or shower
- Basin and taps
- Vanity unit
Some suites offer a combination vanity and basin unit. Of course, the more the features, the more expensive the bathroom suites. Similarly, the better quality and high performing the bathroom suite, the more you will pay. Nonetheless, there is a bathroom suite for your budgetary and spatial needs.
Tiles set the mood or theme of your contemporary bathroom. Using the same tiles for the floor and the walls give off a harmonious effect while different designed tiles create an appealing contrast.
Thanks to the growth in the creativity of tile design, you can design your bathroom according to your personality and preferences.
For a contemporary effect, choose tiles that mimic the outside such as stones, bricks, cement, wood, and sand. The tiles you choose among the options suggested can have a gloss finish for a shiny effect or a matte finish for a toned down effect.
The taps for your basin and the shower or bath should generally complement your contemporary design. Contemporary bathrooms focus on the details of the little things in the bathroom. Stick to sleek designs that have simple but sophisticated handles and outlets.
To save on counter space on your basin, decide on taps mounted on the wall. This design adds to the contemporary effect.
When it comes to contemporary designs, it’s all in the details. Don’t just pick a fixture because of its function; choose colors and designs that complement the rest of your bathroom.